Friday 16 November 2012

Butcher are colour coded

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say good meat can be dry aged before eating.  I say what you mean by dry aged?  You leave it outside till it turn bad?  He say no no, it is in a big refrigerator to make the beef taste better and softer.  I say you eat mold if you want. I no eat mold because that's no grand.  Why anyone eat food with mold on?  Funk?  What funk they talk about? I know punk.  That Japan style street fashion in Harajuku. I no like that style but I know.

Anyway, we went to Blue Butcher. I don't know why they colour code butcher shops.  Blue?  Does it mean all meat there are served rare?  Is there Green Butcher for old meat, Grey Butcher for meat no cook well?

This place is next to Press Room.  So, meat shop next to cheese shop.  When one food has mold, you attract other food with mold.  I walk in butcher shop and no see meat hanging around but there a bar with lots of alcohol.  We went upstairs and Sweet Sweet Boyfriend took me to see the big refrigerator.  Ah!  That is where meat is.  They use glass and so no good for fur storage.  No wonder only meat in there.  Direct sunlight is no good for fashion items and my skin, you know?  The one thing I no understand is sunlight give me freckles and spots but make colour of my clothes light.  Why no the other way round?

The bread come in paper bag.  Not even plate or basket?  Did they recycle paper bag from butcher shop?  These days, every one talk recycle, be green (see!  Why everyone colour code!?!). So I worry they use recycle paper bag.  The bread all cut and I no see the cuts on the crust of bread.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say if we eat baguette, we check for nipples and ears. I say you so naughty!  Nipples on bread!  Anyway, the bread no warm and crust no crispy.  The butter no taste like what Sweet Sweet Boyfriend use at home. It's after 3pm anyway, I no eat carb because I want stay size 2.


Salt bush lamb rack.  I usually no like lamb because strong smell.   People either love or no love lamb because of smell.  I ate this one.  No smell.  Actually, no enough salty.



Wagyu bone-in rib eye.  They say this one dry-aged.   Soft la, black crust outside and very red inside.  Not much beef taste.  They say Wagyu.  That so grand but I ask Sweet Sweet Boyfriend if I need cut the black crust away.  So char, will I be ok?  This no pizza, why I want so much char on it?  He say ok to eat and good execution so I ate.  It is expensive grand food and it must taste good.



And then we ate pork belly.  Very soft texture but I worry so much fat.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say that collagen, not fat.  Better than drinking Creme de La Mer.



On the side, we order macaroni-n-cheese and mash potato.   I say how come mac-n-cheese no orange colour?   The one come in box is orange when cooked.  This one too white.  Look more like broccoli au gratin.  There is something in it, I think salt pork.

The potato no as smooth as one at Robuchon.  I smelt it but no eating because potato make me fat.  I rolled eyes at Sweet Sweet Boyfriend. How dare him order carb after 3pm and I no can eat!?


We had dinner but I no remember what I eat because I don't remember any strong taste.  All I remember was meat no too chewy or tough.  Very easy to chew.

When I look at bill for our food, I say why so expensive and they no give me stool for my handbag.  They are very lucky because I went yoga and used a Repetto bag. If I use my Jimmy Choo,  I will scold die them.   Sweet Sweet Boyfriend so good to me to always find me collagen food (much grander than those collagen hotpot in Causeway Bay) but he need find restaurant with stool.  When will he learn to be grand!?

No comments:

Post a Comment