Saturday 10 November 2012

Guest Posting - From my little cousin Soawesome


It runs in the family or our family very runny?  I no know but my little cousin Soawesome want write too.  She is very good foody writer too and go grand place all time....

========


Sweet Sweet Boyfriend Junior say bring me to all-you-can-eat dim sum in Tsim Sha Tsui 凱悅軒. I say no first. All girlies study in USA say all-you-can-eat is dirty and cheap. Why SSB Jr bring me to cheap place? We not in USA. If in USA, I want Angus beef steak. But we arrive all-you-can-eat in hotel! I immediately happy. Maybe I meet movie star. Anyway, very grand restaurant with tall windows and even outdoor seats. I like window seat now because foodie women say sunlight make Vitamin D on skin. Still I don't understand why no take candy Vitamin pills. So colorful and cheerful. Like the many colours iPod Nano. SSB Jr need to buy this Mid-Autumn present and load all the cool songs from US Top 40.

SSB Jr read carefully and told me there was char siu on both all-you-can-eat and a la cart menu. What cart? We not in Marketplace or Three Sixty, no Filipino maids will push carts around. Well, SSB Jr say it's better value to order char siu from all-you-can-eat, plus there is other dim sum too. Char siu come and I see little fat. SSB Jr disappointed but I relieved. Easier to stay size 2 this way so I can eat 3 pieces. Still half a bowl left because restaurant give portions according to number of heads.

I can't believe either when Chinese restaurant tell me they have soup of the day at lunch hour. I think just like other place and not grand. Then they mention 'old fire' and 牛蒡. I don't want to try but SSB Jr order a big bowl anyways and we share. Soup was okay and SSB Jr liked it. Say really took long time to boil.

Other dim sums are the usual ones you see, at most just matching Fu Sing quality I think. SSB Jr become thoughtful today and order many vegetables. Maybe he win money in stock market. Nice veggies you can make at home too, but I think good after deep fried dim sums. Don't want pimples, you know?!! I can taste freshness in veggies, I guess they import from wet market. No like wet markets, very dirty and sweaty everywhere.

SSB Jr say not quite enough so order fried rice and noodles. Sigh... carbs for him and he never do exercise. Maybe I kick him to kick-boxing.

Finally, we order some desserts, dried beancurd and ginkgo nuts sweet soup and sesame jelly cake. Both I like very much. Sweet soup not too sweet and beancurd all melt in the soup. I like jelly cake too because aromatic. And then SSB laugh at me because my white white teeth become black. Ai ya! I poured tea from the metal tea pot to rinse 'discreetly', just like a lady. 

This restaurant good service. I have a big round stool to put my bag! Also I see no waitresses, Sweet Sweet Boyfriend will not look at other women and make me jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment