Saturday 22 September 2012

Macarons or Macaroons?

Paris super famous brand Ladurée open shop in Hong Kong.  All foodie writers talk macaron.  I want talk too.  Since everyone say they like Ladurée very much,  I say I like it very much too.  So expensive and so many people say good, it must be good, right?  Also, I eat at Ladurée in Paris with Sweet Sweet Boyfriend.  I also eat Pierre Hermé (too bad they no connect to Hermès.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend buy so much boxes. If they connect, I be VVVVVIP at Hermès and no wait for Birkin) and other places in France.  I can talk grand macaron talk. 

Foodie women friends of Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say I no know macaron.  They say Pierre Hermé better.  I say you no know what good macaron is.  Pierre Hermé no travel well.  You drop box and they crack open.  They have crazy flavour like foie gras and white truffle.  Foie Gras is no sweet food.  Why put in macaron??  And whtie truffle?  That is smelly mushroom that pigs find.  So no grand.  



They make many flavour and say very complex.  I like all sweet fruity flavour like Ladurée macarons.


I try also La Maison du Chocolat.  They make chocolate ganache but no many fruit filling.  Why no make anything other than chocolate?  And they spell brand wrong.  I know chocolate is chocolatE!  Ok la



I also try Paul Lafayet in Hong Kong.  Very cute with all different colour.  So cute my fingers were pink after eating.  I no remember how taste like though.  



And how can i no talk about Robuchon??  When no get Pierre Hermé in HK, Sweet Sweet Boyfriend buy Robuchon for me.  I no understand why he obsessive over Robuchon pastry.  Say very good in HK. I say if Amanda has macaron, Amanda's macaron must be bestest.  She model and very grand.



What good macaron (or actually, is it macaroons?  So many foodie writer call it macaroons.  Which one can be the coconut one?  Almond, coconut, all nut, same same, right?) I no know but I think they should be round and show feet, smooth top and no runny filling.  Ladurée travel so well.  Must be very good!  So, HK foodie writer, let's ignore Sweet Sweet Boyfriend and his foodie people friend. I agree with you, Ladurée rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment