Sunday 18 November 2012

Chairman only? No President!?

This is big election year, Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say.  America has new president, his name is Obama (same as last one) and China has election too.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say traffic in Beijing last week very bad because very important people all go vote for new China president.  See, why people say we no have democracy?  Americas have electoral college, we also have People's Congress.  They still in school and we already have representative for people. Anyway, Sweet Sweet Boyfriend almost no making back to HK in time for dinner with his foody men and women friends at Chairman.

Much table full at the restaurant when we go. We have 9 people but sit at small table.  Of course, they no have stool for my handbag and I very upset.  If they call shop Chairman, they should be grand and have stools.  Maybe they call shop President (like the France Butter, so grand), they will have stool for grand girls like me.

Anyways, first cold dish arrive.  Tomato with something crunchy fruit.  They say it Jicama.  I say it look like fruit , more crunchier than apple, more harder than pear, more sweeter than turnip.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say it root, no fruit.  Root that white?  No way!!  They use the leaf for Thai food cooking in the tomato and something very lemon, mint smell.  I no remember where I smell it before. Ah! My lemon shampoo from that France shop in IFC.  I like the Jicama fruit better than tomato.



Next dish they say rock lobster in shrimp roe and shrimp oil.  Shrimp and lobster, I remember that shrimp with lobster sauce dish I eat in Chinatown in America. Shrimp roe?  I say it look pale, no like shrimp roe noodle at noodle place, very brown.  Rock Lobster so grand.  I not eaten it before but Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say this Pissing Prawn and we eat before, deep fried with salt and pepper. I say you don't be no grand.  Lobster is much more grander than prawn than swim around to piss (I know this one!).


Next dish very fat die me.  Some very char meat on the deep fried "maan tau" cut in half.  It look like gold coin chicken but no use two small white pancake.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say eat eat ok.  It's chicken foie gras and collagen jelly.  Famous foody man say foie gras no mean goose foie gras.  Foie gras mean duck foie gras, not goose or duck.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say this one chicken foie gras.  So if I want speak France to be grand, I should call it foie gras de poulet!   Sweet Sweet Boyfriend pay for France speak lesson and I went to half of them!

Very rich food.  I no know to eat one bite or many small bite.  One bite no dropping any sauce on my Stella McCartney shirt (Writer Foody Woman say she has stain remover pen in her handbag and her Car Crazy husband say good for emergencies with a smile.  I say you English man no know how use chopstick. I know how use chopstick and no emergency).  Small bite I look lady like.  In the end, I put one bite because this Arrogant Prick men sitting next to me want eat my collagen jelly.


Next dish look very dry char siu and no honey on.  I say why char siu no soft and have no honey on?  I ask if it Spain pig because everyone talk Spain pig very grandest bestest pork but the restaurant say no this local pig and they smoke it themselves.  I say smoke char siu?  I no hear it before. This pork taste not bad. It look dry but no very dry and easy to eat.



Pork pork again.  This time stomach.  Why they use ungrand cut meat to make soup?  They say this one with pepper.  I say how come so white.  Soup very sweet but no too spicy and I no sneeze. After drinking, I see ginko nut in bowl but no pepper powder left.  I felt very warm after this soup.

I was full and worry about size 2 when the one fish two styles come out.  One is stir fry with peas.  One is steam with old mandarin orange peel.  I know it fine to eat because I only eat skin which is thick and chewy like gummy candies.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say eating good collagen better than Creme de la Mer.  I no want eat meat but Chef Foody Man say this is garoupa.   Oh! That very grand and I ate it.  Meat very different from skin.  Meat thicker and firmer but no fishy smell.  They cut ginger into small diamond shape like marzipan.  Nice to eat fish gummy bear with spicy marzipan!




I say "What!?  More food come out!" There big crab on yellow sauce.  Smell like China wine.  The wine more soupy this time. There brown stuff in the crab.  Arrogant Foody Man say this tomalley.  I say Tomalley?  Crab eat vegetables too?  Why they have something tomato-ly inside?  He roll eyes and made "shhhuuut" sound when he eat crab tomalley.  He eat only crab and no eat noodle. I think maybe he on diet too.  See, I am influential, people not eat much carb after 3pm.  I keep HK people from turning very fat.

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say try the noodle.  I had one bite, one lick.  Very strong China wine but the crab or noodle no hold sauce like last time we come here 2 months ago.


Is it Thanksgiving dinner but we eat China food and so no turkey?  We have no bone chicken with shrimp paste. pan fried and dip in fish sauce that is like one for Pho andVietnam spring roll.  I say why eat skin?  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say "just like Peking duck, you want to eat skin!" Oh!  If that the case.  Why no two skins, will be bestest.


Spare ribs in plum sauce.  I like Sweet and Sour pork because I live in America and that I eat in Chinatown.  This one no as orange but brown.  Nice sauce but skin no crispy like deep fried sweet and sour pork.  The inside of spare ribs came off easy but there is something taste I no know.  No seasoning and strong pork taste.



Finally vegetables.  This one with ginger juice. Why they no fry to soft?  All these foody people say very crunchy very good.   So I nod and say "yes, very good undercook!"  No one say a word...


Fried rice with shrimp, dry shrimp and shrimp paste.  I say I no eat now, too full but it smell good. No as greasy as other place.


Dessert, they make very China ice-cream. I no know China have ice cream.  But Italy has gelato, I think China can have ice cream too.


I really can no eat anymore but they put almond cream in front of me in cute small cup.  It very good for skin.....

They drink lots grand champagne and wine. The one I like best has gold foil in it.  So grand.  Even the name say "Gold".  Japan people eat gold and say good for skin.  I think they are right. I think my skin glow next morning. 





Car Crazy husband of Writer Foody Woman find us stools for handbag.  I say thank you but I now madder at restaurant.  They have stool but they no give us.  What they thinking?  All restaurants, you need good food and good service.  Good service include buy stools and use them when you have grand girl customer.  If no enough stool?  Don't worry, no give stool to those without nice bag. 


No comments:

Post a Comment