Saturday 10 November 2012

Peru food in HK. How come no hummus?

I meet up with girlfriends for lunch.  We no want eat France Food because every one say new food in HK is Spain food but I no like Spain food because my maid say she speaks Spain.  Yet, we are hip and chic and we need go try new thing. 

Girlfriend married to partner of law firm say, "Let's go to Chicha!'  I say what?  Some thing sticky tea?  She said "No no, it's Peru food"  Oh!  Peru, I know, Middle-East. They eat hummus, Sweet Sweet Boyfriend made that for me to eat before.  No, we don't eat the cheap one from outside LKF on Friday night, we eat homemade good hummus.  Girlfriend married to banker say, "We no talk about Beirut!  We talk about Peru!!"

Huh!  Beirut no same as Peru?  I thought just England and France spelling and saying.  Where is Peru? What they eat?  Aiyee,  so ugly die me. Lucky Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say no use iPhone5 because no Google Map and he make me use Samsung instead.  I found Peru is below USA. If it's iPhone 5, it probably say Peru is between India and China. Now I know, it's American food in the South. Must be similar to food I eat in Los Angeles with Sweet Sweet Boyfriend when he took me to La Jolla to drive Ferrari California up to San Francisco.

First thing very familiar.  It taco with pork, squid, fish, and prawn.  Other place taco put on plate. This place put on a big piece of iron.  So heavy, no one can steal dishes away.  They very lucky because taco shell hard enough or I can not take taco out.  Quite nice and bigger than another taco place in LKF. I like spicy sauce too.  Fish taco and squid taco very yumzos (why every one say yumzos?  What word is it anyway? If all hip people say it, I say it too.  Cannot be last one to use word)


We also order Lechon el Horno.   Wah! All types of pork (suckling pig) there.  So fat die me.  Pork belly quite tasty but skin very difficult to cut.  The fried ball taste good and sauce ok too.

See how fat the pig is?  Suckling pig already this fat, adult pig very fat, no?  I wonder why Peru raise pig this way.

We girl lunch of course we need eat dessert.  All foody girl bloggers in HK love dessert.  I worry no more size 2 but I need eat dessert too or next time I see them, I no have anything to say.  So, we picked Picarones (fried sweet potato donut with orange spiced syrup) and Canutos Crocantes  (Lucuma custard filled sugar snap, coconut ice cream and chicha morada).  I worry donut too fat but it ok soft and not very sweet.  The custard one was very sweet and Coconut ice cream not very creamy



So we ate everything and we talk about Peru.  Girlfriends say their husband take them on holiday and it easy to go place if you speak Spain.  I woke up from all these boring one upmanship speak and say "Spain!  You tell me people there speak Spain!?  My maid speaks Spain to and that's why I no go Spain food restaurant because it no grand!"  Arrghh!  I must check carefully of where to go and who to go with next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment