Saturday 10 November 2012

France bakery that also sell fish in Kennedy Town

So many new bread and cake shop in HK (Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said it's Pastry.  I say it no Italy noodle?) and I so excited to eat them.  Many foody man and woman write bread and cake. One famous one say he gives points to see which bread edible.  I no know you can edit bread but maybe you can. 

Anyway, Sweet Sweet Boyfriend drive me in his Jaguar E-Type around one Sunday morning.  I say why old car?  So no grand.  All my girlfriends want big loud Ferrari but Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say this year 50th anniversary of the E-Type and we drive pass China dried seafood place.  No good to drive convertible in that area.  You smell everything. 

We park car outside Boulangerie Bistronomique.  I say why always France name? I know it grand but I no know how to say it.  No one in Hong Kong know how to say it so you never can meet people at right place for coffee. 

First thing Sweet Sweet Boyfriend gave me was canele.  I say "Wah! So burnt outside.  This no pizza, why all the char!?" He say this is Bordeaux specialty. Why he lie to me?  Bordeaux is for wine only and this one made with rum.  I read about rum I say this is Jamaican and he rolled his eyes!  Huh!  Roll eyes?  I throw my Alexander Wang weekend bag at him.



The inside very soft and nice but outside still have crust.  This bigger than what Writer Foody Woman and Lawyer Foody Woman make.  This one has more soft moist inside but I like small one because more crust and less fat die me.  Lots of sugar, I heard.

 
We also have mille feuille.  This one has sweet white crust on top.  I like it but I no like it.   The taste good but no as light as the one at Macau Robuchon.  I see all Hong Kong girls around me like it a lot.


I say if I eat carb, I eat a lot and it is before 3pm. So, I order more and have one opera and one lemon tart.  Many place has opera (and even pistachio opera) but this one has layers measured by ruler.  So pretty.  The lemon tart different from one from Four Seasons that Sweet Sweet Boyfriend special ordered for me when I had to work extra time till 7pm one Thursday.  10 hours work!  They want tire die me!! Anyway, the lemon tart not as sour here and very light.  They put egg white on top but this meringue no hard, very pretty.  Sweet Sweet boyfriend say there different type meringue. The chef at this bread and cake shop is France person, this must be France meringue.  Isn't it how it is classified?  If I make it, it will be Hong Kong meringue...





Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say he hungry and order a sandwich.   Sigh! France word France name again. Tête de cochon.  I say what that is, Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say that very god collagen, no need to worry.  Hmm..  Very good texture in mouth and mustard just right... but wait, why it look so much like marinated Chinese pig skin you buy from char siu place?



I saw raspberry tart and I have to eat it. Sweet Sweet Boyfriend saw pear tart and he wanted it.  I say why pear tart baked but raspberry tart no bake?  What happen if you bake berries?  Do they explode?  

Both tarts quite nice and no funny old butter taste. The filling the same.  People so funny, sometimes they bake, sometimes they don't.



The bread shop very grand because they sell France jam by this Christine Ferber. Sweet Sweet Boyfriend and his Foody friend love the jam.  Say it complex and good combination.  I say I like strawberry best (which girl no like strawberry!?) but it is France jam so I say I like too.  They also have other tinned fish.  This no ordinary bread and cake shop.  This is France supermarket shop!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Much thanks.Please coming site tiktok downloader

    ReplyDelete