Thursday 5 April 2012

Saboten - pork cutlet mille feuille

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend want eat offal at new place Osaka Horumon but I say no organ meat!  "They are cheap and no grand. Peasant food!  Everyone in fashion magazine say no eating meat, no wearing animal part. Eat organ no stylish!!!"  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend start lecture me, "To eat everything an animal has to offer is the highest respect you can show for an animal!  Forget about those vegetarian diet being more ethical talk!  Offal is more flavourful and can be cooked in many different ways that makes eating interesting. How else are you getting your collagen? What about eating carb after 3pm?"  I no know what to say when he say foody thing.  I stood on street and no walking.  He no want me cry and we go Saboten instead. I won! 

Saboten is famous Japanese place.  We ate deep fried everything except cabbage salad. Cabbage cut so fine.  We mix sesame sauce and vinegar and quickly, cabbage turn soft.  Still taste good.  


We have black and white sesame and cutlet sauce but I like vinegar better for tonkatsu. Mille Feuille (Why french word again!?  It's Japanese restaurant!) pork very soft and no chewing.  They roll pork up and dip in batter and bread crumb.  Better than spring roll.  I like it much.







The shrimp ok but crab cake not very good.  Not much crab meat.   They give white rice or barley rice.  It's barley but they keep calling it wheat rice. 



At the end, I insist have dessert.  I am so upset at Sweet Sweet Boyfriend's lecture. He no understand what we fashionista think.  I read from magazine,  famous people say no animal cruelty and if I don't say same, I do not look one of them.  I don't know what they mean no eat meat is good though.  If no meat and only vegetable, I have to eat rice or noodle after 3pm and that makes me size 6 instead size 2.  It so difficult to be stylish and grand. 

I took picture of dessert because CNNGO say How to be a Hong Kong local that we need take picture of dessert (#4).  I am international and I am grand.  So, I need take picture and quote CNNGO to say I do what Western people do! 




No stool for handbag.  Service ok but like factory.











No comments:

Post a Comment