Thursday 5 April 2012

Just like a factory - Ding Tai Fung

So, we had some No Soup Xiao Long Bao last day and Sweet Sweet Boyfriend is no happy.   It so sad to look at him not happy and I say, "Ok ok! Let's go Ding Tai Fung.  You get the Jo Malone Blue Agava and Cacao and I go Causeway Bay with you?  You ok?"   How can people no use perfume?  I finish one bottle Jo Malone in 5 weeks.  People can smell me after I leave lift.  That's style like writers spray perfume on paper! 

We ordered "Kao Fu" (烤麩, the Shanghainese gluten with soya bean, mushroom, bamboo shoot).  I hear famous foody writer say the gluten should be break by hand and not cutting.  Ding Tai Feng is no cutting so must be very good.  Cantonese people say bamboo shoot toxic but I like bamboo shoot and no enough in dish.  I ask Sweet Sweet Boyfriend if ok to eat gluten. Is it carb.  He said no no, ok.  It's protein,  just like eating tofu.  I said ok ok! But will the oil make me size 4 instead 2?  


Sweet Sweet Boyfriend also order "Crystal Pork" for me. He said collagen very good for me.  I should no get collagen and botox needle.  That's not good for me.  Could be A-good not real.  If I eat and it doesn't work, it come out.  It was good taste but I no like texture.  Pork bits and small piece.  No meat chunk.

This time Xiao Long Bao very good. It have soup!  The Xiao Long Bao have thin skin and very wet pork inside.  Good texture


I should not say it but I like spring roll.  So crispy and no oily. Inside no thick glue (Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said that's thickening like starch)

Chong Yao Min (scallion oil noodle).  This one different from Nanxiang.  This one no dried shrimp and scallion black.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said scallion good but no dried shrimp.  He like dried shrimp.  He said the name "Hoi Yeung" (開洋, open ocean, Kai Yang).  Hoi Yeung is for sunny apartment, not for food.  No!?  So first all the french word and now the funny Chinese name?  What they try to do?  Why food so complicated?

Mushroom and vegetable steamed bun.  "Nothing to call home about" Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said.

Spare-rib over fried rice with egg.  The pork thin and I like the one at Delicious Kitchen in Causeway Bay more. Taste not bad and I like it's all cook well.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said a little overcook a little dry. I said "You no eat raw pork or you get mad cow disease!"

Wrong order but we also got spare-rib and noodle.

For dessert, we had mashed yam steamed bun. I like it because it low fat. Sweet Sweet Boyfriend did not eat after one bite. He said no oil.  What is wrong with men?  Why they like oil?  No oil is very good.

Much people queue up and they have strange statue at entrance.  A hello kitty type holding Xiao Long Bao.  I think they should hire me to upgrade the image.  They should have stool for handbags (they no have now) and work with Chanel to make limited edition Xiao Long Bao warm bag instead chili sauce and pineapple cake.  Why pineapple cake? They no Sun Dong Yang ( 新東陽, Hsin Tung Yang)!   Also, the place like factory.  You no ask for off menu and everything put in front of you quick.  You go there, queue, sit down and eat, go.  You no stay for small chat

No comments:

Post a Comment