Sunday 13 May 2012

Thai in North Point!? You kidding me?

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend ask if I like Thai food. I said "Kowloon City?  No grand to go Kowloon!  I no go!"  He said "No no, I promise you, waterfront building.  Private kitchen style Thai. Remember, resort style, no four inch heels"

I think it Repulsive Bay for Thai and said ok.  Going to Repulsive Bay mean I need to dress nice because lots of rich people but no four inch heel? What he thinking?  No enough time and I pick a M Missoni S/S 2012 maxi dress with Burberry tribal sandals.  To be special among rich people, I use Nancy Gonzalez clutch. I need to tell them have money to buy is no grand enough. You need have taste.  You be grand, be bling but no style is bad.  That bore die me! 

When Sweet Sweet Boyfriend park the car at AIA Tower. I say "Car broke down?  We go taxi now?"  He no say a word and took me to the wet market building.   I angry die me.  Why we go wet market?  I no go wet market to shop and now he want me eat there?  Let's get this right, only not grand people go wet market. I only go Great and Citysuper to buy me food.  So grand shopping mall with people to take cart to your car.  I no want see fish swimming in tank or chicken with feather.  

Walk to restaurant is difficult.  No carpet, no shui jing deng, no marble floor.  We sat down at corner. The wall has sign say "Thai Som Tum" with lots of pictures. I say, "You lie to me!  I thought we go Repulsive Bay and now North Point?"  He said "It is by the harbour, authentic Thai food by Thai chef.  When we go to Phuket, we eat at markets too.  Look at the pictures of all the famous people. Don't you like it?"  Ok, there are some entertainment type picture but they no big star.  

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend ordered lots of food.  I was upset at first and no want to eat.  He put food on a plate nicely for me.  

Pork neck and fried shrimp cake arrive first.  Look so char.  I no eat charcoal.  People said eat charcoal die cancer. Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said we are no eating charcoal and no need worry. Hmm... The pork neck pretty good especially with spicy sauce.  The shrimp cake nice too.  Very bouncy texture.  


Papaya salad.  So crunchy and so spicy.  Shouldn't it be soft?  That is what I eat in nice Thai restaurants. Very watery.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say this one is fresh and better.  He foody, I believe him.

Grilled chicken.  I said "Gao Chor?"  Chicken with bones? I am grand girl.  No eat chicken with bones.  I only eat fillet.   Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said "Oh! Eat the white meat.  I will take the meat off the bone for you." He look happy to eat the wings and legs.  He so sweet, saving best chicken for me.  What type people eat "dark meat"?  Name so wrong. Grand girl like me eat chicken breast only.   Chicken was good.

The minced pork with lettuce.  Why they no use bowl.  Have to use lettuce to wrap the pork.  That doesn't work with my new crystal encrusted nail with 3-D painting.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend made it for me.  Dish spicy but good.  I am happy so far.  No carb!

Fried vegetable.   Why no steam? I ask Sweet Sweet Boyfriend. That will fat die me to stir fry in oil.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say ok.  It's fry in olive oil.  Only Omega 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.  Good for my hair and skin.
Last main dish is deep fried fish.  I usually no like deep fried unless it's Japanese tempura.  But this fish good soft texture inside.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend ate the bone and I say "What you doing?  Laugh die me!  When you turn poor and eat bone?"  He said bone is best but I too grand. I no eat.

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend surprised me with Mango and sticky rice dessert.  I so happy.  Chinese restaurants always give mango dessert to non-Chinese.  One time we went a Michilin Chinese restaurant in Mongkok hotel and they mix up order.  They gave free mango pudding and say "Your non-Chinese friends like mango, you know!?"  I get Mango dessert because that make me grand and western.  Dessert good with lots of coconut milk.  I worry fat but Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say vegetable oil ok.  Also, top models use coconut oil for skin and hair.


The dinner didn't start good because no go Repulsive Bay.  There no stool for handbag and my maxi dress in wet market no good  (I need dry cleaning) but food was good.  I just won't call it Resort style because I expect resort is by swimming pool side with white table cloth and local people play music in their local clothes

4 comments:

  1. This is without a doubt the best food writing in Hong Kong. Please keep going.

    Hope to bump into you when next in Hong Kong and will make sure to find restaurant with stool - la.

    Tom(Eats)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom, we will eat together and I'll remember bringing the super lightweight titanium folding stools for you and Jen. In the meantime, eat well (the best haejang kook I had in Seoul was by a funeral home. Can't beat it after a long night of nonstop Soju)

      Delete
  2. Hey ILL! Repulsive Bay - that's gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a place like Repulsive Bay is grand enough for the to see and to be seen. problem is where should we take ILL next?

      Delete