Thursday 24 May 2012

53 in the world!? Really?


Today my second day in Singapore and I no like shopping in hot weather.  So difficult to walk when hot outside and very humid.  It is like something "sure fit" that Sweet Sweet Boyfriend like?  He say cooking at 50C in water tank makes food good.  If name "sure fit" is right, I walk around like that I stay size 2 very good too.  I choose wear Jimmy Choo Patriot Metallic Suede Espadrille because name so Singaporean and I think it cute to match but it so hot.  I feel like shoe melting under my feet.   

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend busy at work and I went Les Amis after Orchard Road shopping on my own.  I know how to use new HTC One that Sweet Sweet Boyfriend bought me and found out this is 53rd World Best Restaurant.   I eat at very grand place and he foody no eating there! 

The place so grand with gweilo staff.  Everyone speak English there... Oh! I forgot, it's Singapore. Of course everyone speak English.  The place very grand.  Red velvet wall, black marble column and very big chandelier.  People say location location location. I understand when sit here.  So prime so grand location with many high class people around and no like young and rude people elsewhere. 

The restaurant no like new modern design with nothing.  What they say? Minimalist?  I think they too cheap to put money in furniture.  This place is grand and I so happy when they take me to table.  They say "Madam, here's the stool for your handbag"  See why they 53rd in the world?  I no need ask like at Pierre. Stool is right there.  Other Singapore places, I say you no have stool and I disappointed.  I think that is no fair comment.  Les Amis has!   I like Singapore now.  Err.. Just keep durian away from me ok?  Durian smelly and texture no good no form no grand.


So, they gave me butter for my bread.  Bread made at restaurant.  They say homemade but restaurant no home why homemade?  Always puzzle me.   The butter come like two small ball so cute, one is tomato and one is plain. They so considerate not like other places like that restaurant in Macau inside big glass ball that give you big block of butter.  Their butter sweet and no taste like cheese like one at home that Sweet Sweet Boyfriend use to bake that Sweet Sweet Boyfriend use to bake.  I ask them what it is and the waitress lady say it France butter. I said which one and she checked and say "It's President".  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend eat all this France butter I cannot say name;  Bordier, Le Gall, Echire.  This one I can and I know it is grand because it is President, biggest title!  So much better than Anchor at office restaurant


First amuse bouche (I know I know, Sweet Sweet Boyfriend taught me this no Amuse Bush!).  They say 30 month ham and white truffle oil.  30 month?  I a little worry to eat 30 month meat.  Is it still ok to eat so old meat?  Everyone else eat and gweilo waiter wait for me to eat so I eat.  Not too fat and not too salty.  The cookie under very thin and cute but no very crispy. 

White asparagus and uni.  It make me think of dinner at very grand agnès b.  Very nice with flower tasty very good and uni sweet.  It's very big and I think it's first dish but they say no, this second amuse bouche

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend orders wine all time but I no like no sweet wine and they no have cocktail like Hello Kitty at Cut so I had champagne.  So nice to drink fizzy on hot day.  They say this one Bruno Paillard Brut NV.  I no understand what it is but I decide no pink champagne coz I want to drink like Foody people.  

Panko crusted confit free range hen egg joselito iberico, spinach and crispy farmers bread.  I so like Japan food.  I know what Panko mean.  It is crispy for deep fried Japan food.  Dish arrive and egg was no cooked to hard yolk.  I say Trouble!  I no eat no cooked egg unless it's Japan onsen egg.  Aiyee, I don't know confit mean no cook to hard yolk!  I now foody but raw egg!?  Gweilo waiter wait for me to say food good and so I eat la.  They cut egg open and yolk touch my spinach. I say oh no oh no!  Why no me cut egg open instead?

The panko not as thick as pork cutlet at Japan restaurant and not as golden.  I think Sweet Sweet Boyfriend will say that no golden brown enough.  I think it good because no deep-fried and me stay size 2.  Spinach and ham good together.  Egg white harder than the "sure fit" egg Sweet Sweet Boyfriend cook for me at home.


Crispy fried Kurobuta pork belly white asparagus, mushrooms, "Gao Zhi".  I no know what to eat.  Pork or not but I remember Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say pork belly have much collagen and very good for my skin.  When I see it, I say ok, I get this!

White asparagus so big I giggle.  Err...  It look funny ;P

The pork very crispy a little dry but fat cook very well.  All fat come out only collagen left.  I no understand "Gao Zhi"   It sound China but no look China food.  Why it on pork?  The inside all meat but can be gooder if they add chives like Shanghai wonton.  I look at watch, 1:45pm, I can still eat carb and I ate Gao Zhi.


I so full now but restaurant say I try good dessert.  I say ok ok.  First dessert strawberry, juniper, sorrel, dried milk.  So refreshing good for hot weather.  I like green sauce taste.  Pastry Chick of restaurant say that sorrel and juniper.  Very nice.  Strawberry so big and sweet

I thought I finish and second dessert come.  This baby coconut?  I say I no eat shell but Pastry Chick of restaurant say eat eat no break your teeth.  Ah!  It ice cream with chocolate outside.  White pieces coconut meat and cream lemon grass.  Hmm.. Mango so strong taste like charcoal barbecue.   Should I call it chars mango?  This I like.


Sweet Sweet Boyfriend and Foody cousins always finish lunch with espresso.  I order espresso too and to make me big time Foody, I order double espresso.  They say it negative calories and good for digestion.  Coffee better than Starbucks.  No like water.

Finally, they gave me petit four.  I like nougat very much. So nutty and not too sweet.  The chocolate all very good with alcohol and caramel inside,  Madeleine ok taste but not as pretty as one baked by France Foody Woman and Sweet Sweet Boyfriend. They no use steel mould is what Sweet Sweet Boyfriend will say but I like shinny like beautiful foundation using silicon mould.


I happy at Les Amis.  The stool, the chandelier shui jing deng, the marble.  All oh so grand!

3 comments:

  1. oooh you went to Les Amis! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've always wanted to go there as a student but never rich enough. Now you've inspired me to go there again :)

    and... lol i think Singaporean girls are not so Grand, that's why No Stool for Bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fat finger, removed your comment when I was trying to reply. Yes, very glad that I went before a complete makeover in the kitchen. Hoping to be back in Sing in Q3 to try out new places ;)

      Delete