Monday 6 February 2012

Vietnam food in Hong Kong?

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend came back from Vietnam and want pho again.  I said "No going dirty place.  I want shopping at Marc Jacobs!"  So we go Festival Walk.  He go get table at Rice Paper and I go shopping. 

The place is no grand. There no carpet but wood floor.  No stool for my handbag or shopping bag.  But it in a nice shopping mall.  Hong Kong should be all shopping mall with restaurant inside.  Better than Kinder Surprise for me! 

I no eat raw beef and order beef brisket (Ngau Naam) and Sweet Sweet Boyfriend eat raw beef pho.  His soup much more oily and taste different than mine.  My soup taste chicken and ngau naam texture very chewy.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said it no slow cook.  That's why.  Next time I say "slow cook" to foody women so they jealous me.   

I love pomelo salad and this one is all pomelo only.  I heard grapefruit salad help loose weight.  Pomelo and grapefruit same, no? 

Spinach stir-fry is so good texture.  All so soft and easy to eat. Sweet Sweet Boyfriend no like it.  :(

"Fun Guen" is cute and tiny.  I eat one bite but very hot and burn my lip.  I so upset and Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said he take me to Lane Crawford to buy lip balm from La Mer

I think food good.  Everything taste same.  We finish quickly.  Not I am hungry but food come quick.  First lime soda and then the pho before all appetizer.  If I go Central, they always get appetizer out first. Or is Pho the appetizer? I forgot what they do in Vietnam?  









2 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited that you decide to start a blog to share with us your grand hrand foody adventures! If you like Vietnamese food, you have to try Nha Trang! It's in central but not glam glam. Their tomato and crab noodle is very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No stool!?!

      Have you tried chôm chôm on Wellington Street? Good place too

      Delete