Wednesday 21 March 2012

First Hermé now Pierre

France Foody Woman friend of Sweet Sweet Boyfriend invite everyone to Pierre for lunch yesterday.  It was the "hold my handbag first time" anniversary for Sweet Sweet Boyfriend and me so he take me Pierre too.  I worry about eating field chicken (frog) again.  France Foody Woman love frog legs, she eat frog leg every time we have dinner...

It is on 25/F of Mandarin Oriental hotel.  So dark lobby and so many restaurants.  At Cuisine Cuisine and French Window in IFC, they share same lobby but big sign say which side to go.   I carry my Louis Vuitton and they no giving me stool.  I said to Sweet Sweet Boyfriend, "What no stool?  They star restaurant?  How dare no stool for me?"  I am upset but am more upset when I find out some people have stools for handbag, some people wait 10 minutes for stool and I no stool! The other foody woman carried her Birkin and she have to put Birkin on floor for 10 minutes and she don't have her dust bag.  Arrgghh!! I have heart-ache! 

We have table by window.  It was bright but not too bright. I no need to wear SPF 100 sun block to protect my beautiful skill but I want sunglasses.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said if I wear Sunglasses and go to bathroom to put more powder and lipstick on, I might fall because it is dark outside in lobby. 



There put bread in table cloth to put in front of every one.  I had cheese bread, crispy bread, italy bread and olive bread.  Bread taste ok and warm. But I no like texture of Italy bread, a little too flaky.  Olive bread and cheese bread no need for butter.  Butter no salt but very smooth texture. I think good for me:  No water retention to make my face big.  I ate all my bread and someone said "Don't you want to stay as a size 2?  Why are you eating bread!?"   I say it is lunch time and I can eat.  It is only after 3 pm when I no eat carb.  How many times I need to say "NO CARB AFTER 3PM"!?



The amuse bouche (Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said it Bouche, not Bush) so cute.  They still eat fish with no wasabi.  Every one like conveying belt sushi. Why can't these Michilin star restaurant use wasabi when they serve raw fish??  And egg yolk sauce (mayonnaise)??  The one with nuts so smooth so soft.  I ask what that is, no one told me.  I say taste like bacon but no meat texture.  One person say "Yes, it's the leanest pork from the mountain pig in Greece.  It only has white meat like fish and very soft".  I see!  No wonder so tasty.


We also had truffle ice cream, toast, mushroom, ham, jelly amuse bouche.  They have two piece truffle on top. So grand.  I heard truffle very expensive and they give a lot here.  How come jelly not sweet?  Ice cream sweet and jelly usually fruit jelly, no?  This one salty.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said this is pork consommé.  I said what is consommé? He said clear soup.  Why French word for clear soup.  In Chinese, we call it "gwan tong"!

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend order for me because I no understand menu.


Scallop carpaccio: laid on a red curry paste emulsified with coconut milk /olive oil cauliflower florists and lace bread.  I said raw scallop with no wasabi but curry?  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said it good scallop. It was nice and not gluey texture.  No fishy smell like I tried at other place.

Foie Gras soup: with watercress, caramelized endives.  Foie Gras not in one piece but crushed.  I said who no grand and Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say shaved is better for this dish.  Not much soup but tasty.  Some foie gras, then ham and nice soup taste.  I no understand why watercress soup so creamy and my sai yeung choi soup very clear.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said French soup add cream sometime. I said "What cream?!  Fat die me fat die me!" Arrggh! If I eat carb, I no eat fat.  Now I have both.  I need go to gym to loose the calories.

Pork belly like a <Pot-au-feu>: calamarata/conchiglie and razor clams.  This one I think I can cook at home.  It is bacon and pasta.  Foody people laughed.   Why they think I no cook?  I can cook!  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend send me pastry class so that one day I can like Amanda S.  There are package pasta noodle in supermarket. I add hot water and we have dinner.  Why these people so mean to me?  Before Sweet Sweet Boyfriend, I never cook, no walk in kitchen and now I can make hot water!  The pasta good and sauce tasty.  The bacon thin and melt in mouth. I asked if it's Greece Mountain Pig but how come pink.  Food woman said "this one is seaside pig from Switzerland.  They eat flowers and that's why the meat is pink"


Petits-fours.  The food come slow and no time for dessert.  Everyone else got food but not us.  The petits fours come.  Apricot candy not very sweet.  The chocolate with cherry has lots of alcohol.  The orange marzipan and marshmallow are ok.   No coffee this time and we left hurry.

I no understand why these Foody people no talking when they eat. They make noise "ahh!  ooohh!  ummm!!"  So strange people.  Think they do yoga class in restaurant! 

4 comments:

  1. ILL sayang,

    so happy to come HK and meet you for lunch. You so grand you choose an atas place like Pierre. I like!

    My hansem bf tole me, when go HK, must stay at the Peninsulah. He pay so I go. Din say that I must take ferry or MTR. Lucky when I go meet you I carry the studded Balmain. People in HK they push so much. Then on the walkway and street they walk damn slow. The Balmain a bit like a weapon. I felt safe. They push me, I hantam them.

    When I arrive at Pierre I was actually a bit blur. The lift lobby damn dark, like inside cinema leh. Some more no signs. Heng ah - the toilet auntie tole me where to go. When I went in, I was so confused. I could see the wine room then they had all the glass hanging there - how to find you? Lucky I saw there got people with LV bag and Birkin, sure must be you! They no give you stool for the bag, how can one. If no space on table to put, some more no stool, how can show people one?

    When I meet your foodie frens, I thought wah, the girls all so chio, lucky I went gym first. They all so kilat one. Dats why they like this kind of place to eat. Even the wine list got style, cover make from cork like the wine bottle have, so clever. In the end only two people order wine, I a bit pai seh but neh mind, soon I go back to Singapura. The first thing the restaurant gave wif the truffle and ice cream, wah biang damn shiok. I think this my favourite thing from lunch.

    The scallop carpaccio also super shiok. When I eat I shiver. I a bit sway on the other dishes. My morel omelette ok lah but too much cheese and not enough morel, so I stole some foie gras soup from your friend with the Birkin. Then I tried the French girls haddock quen-elle. I thought like souffle, donch know why they take the haddock souffle main course and make into quen-elle middle course. Still nice though. I think next time if they have haddock souffle for main course, must makan that one.

    My main course ok lah. The lamb with eggplant stiletto. When I say "stiletto" I thought how can not choose. I actually think the baby pasta the best, you choose collect one. The service so slow slow, cannot have dessert. Just get the bill and say habis lah. I thought the place so atas, sure die. In the end I think someone blanjah me my wine, so I feel a bit bad after. Thank you foodie ladies!

    Next time you come Singapura and we go eat nasi padang at River Valley. If not Les Amis also can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soul Sista, can't wait to eat with you and hansem bf in Singapura! I ask Sweet Sweet Boyfriend to stay at Sands with me. So grand!

      Delete
  2. Hey hey... what's going on ILoveLubutin?

    We missed your posts! They are great - and we all want to visit the restaurants that you're reviewing... hope to see more posts soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry sorry, have been busy with finding the right clothes to go out in. Am back eating my way through Hong Kong!

      Delete