Monday 19 March 2012

My favorite congee place - Mak Siu Kee

I very tired last day and Sweet Sweet Boyfriend took me "Mak Siu Kee" in Happy Valley for dinner before I go home.  Shopping is so tiring but weather turn warm. I need to wear S/S 2012!  I said "I know Ho Hung Kee because of Michilin star and I know Mak Un Kee because it famous.  What Mak Siu Kee?"  

The name did not sound grand but I am so happy when we get there.  They give me stool for my new Rebecca Minkoff handbag. It is famous handbag, you know?  Not Wintage Chanel like that woman bought at Lane Crawford "Chanel Wintage!"(By the way, Lane Crawford too common now.  Everyone go so I no go) Hollywood movie stars carry Rebecca Minkoff!  



Sweet Sweet Boyfriend order me beef tendon and ngau naam (Beef brisket).  I said no funny parts of beef, only Kobe beef steak and well done. Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said something respect animal and eat everything offer by animal.  I no understand what he talk about but when he said "good collagen", I ate.  Texture very soft but the "Chan Pei" (old orange peel) taste strong in some bites.

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend order me wonton noodle with no soup.  He order noodle with shrimp egg with no soup.  I tried "Big Land Fish" soup.  Strong heavy taste of noodle water but noodle was good and wonton good texture with some pork inside.  


Sweet Sweet Boyfriend order fried wonton for himself and I had one bite.  Big skin, lots of crunchy.

I did not eat congee and ask Sweet Sweet Boyfriend why no congee.  Mak Un Kee is famous for wonton noodle.  This place must be famous for congee. He said no no, famous for wonton noodle too.

I no understand if wonton is good but I think place should get one michilin star.  Service so good and polite and they have stool for handbags.  If Ho Hung Kee has one star, this place should too.

2 comments:

  1. hi..if the mak siu kee still at TIN HAU Electric Road?

    ReplyDelete