Sunday 11 March 2012

To see and to be seen


I go L'atelier de Joël Robuchon with my girlfriend who married rich guy for lunch today.  I no going cheap place with her or she think I low class people because lunch not expensive.  So I pick L'atelier de Joël Robuchon as it is famous place with 3 michilin star.  I was happy to get seat when I call three days before lunch but I found out why easy to get seat very soon. 

We got there and they took us to bar. I said "You 3 star restaurant why no table like Caprice?"  They said I can go Le Jardin but I never hear Le Jardin!  I said I no come back next time.  We both wear Hervé Léger dress and Giuseppe Zanotti shoes.  Very difficult to sit on bar stool.  And 3 star?  They no have stool for handbag!?  No place for my Bottega Veneta.  Arrgghhh!!



They serve Amuse Bouche.  I learn "Amuse" is interesting as Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said his colleague say amusing thing at work that make him laugh his arse off (How do people laugh the arse off??).  I don't know why the food is call Amuse Bush.  Maybe they think George W Busy is very funny too.  The one we had is soup with bacon foam.  Texture very smooth and taste strong good.



Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said good egg can eat not cooked.  To show to girl friend I am also foody woman, I order Egg with Polenta as starter.  The polenta very soft creamy.  Not like harder one I eat with Sweet Sweet Boyfriend at Doppio Zero


Veal cheek for main for me because I don't want eat too many carb.  Polenta was enough carb and my belly cannot stick out when I wear Hervé Léger.   Veal very soft texture and no strong meat taste.  The sauce very like worcestershire sauce. I no like it too much.  Too sharp



They give potato on side.  Look pretty but I didn't eat. Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say this is more butter than potato. If I eat, I will fat die me! It smell good though


Sweet Sweet Boyfriend always drink espresso after lunch. Say good for digestion and to show to girlfriend i am Foody woman, i order one.  It was so bitter with sour taste afterwards. why do Foody and coffee people like it?  They always like something not very sweet or easy to eat.  Strange people


The dessert cake I have for Valentine's Day was grand and I had dessert today too.  It was chestnut ice-cream but not too much chestnut. I like chestnut cake from Maxim's but I no say or girlfriend said I am not high class.


When we done, they gave us more food.  I remember Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say this is Petits Fours.  So grand with gold coco pops and macarons.  I think the Pierre Hermé Sweet Sweet Boyfriend buy from Tokyo is better.

Food not bad but service not very good.  Took too long to serve and all food came one after one and we finish everything in no more than one hour.

Lots of english speaking people (even Chinese) and pretending.  The guys in suit next to us check us out. Unless I go with Sweet Sweet Boyfriend, I no go again.  Those people never meet pretty girl before!

2 comments:

  1. Laughing my arse off now, LOVE the 'gold coco pops'! And I think Bush is very amusing too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It puzzles me how they got 3 stars considering the service is not up to par with its peers... Yes, Bush is amusing but I think we get our own version these days with the three candidates!

      Delete