Monday 19 March 2012

By the waterfront

Foody woman friend of Sweet Sweet Boyfriend move house and have dinner with everyone at Bistronomique to celebrate.  It's small place on ground floor and we can see kitchen.  We sit along wall on sofa and no stool.  I said not very grand but Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said no talking if I don't know what I talk about.  What he mean?? I know what I talk about!!  Place no stool is no grand!!  



They start drinking Bollinger Champaign "Why Lilly drink Champagne"   The waiter ask if I want champaign and I say "Whatever!"  It is so stylish, so cool to say "Whatever".  I learn from my new colleague in office.  Everytime we ask him do work, he say "Whatever" and walk away.  What you mean by rude?  That's attitude! The champaign cold and no funny taste after drinking.  

We eat ham and to start.  and duck ham.  I don't know why they call this ham and why they keep fat around ham.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said that best part and give flavor.  Ham should be like Oscar Mayer ham and pink in square block, no?  You slice that and put in macaroni soup or fried with egg. That is what I eat for breakfast at Cafe de Coral!


Then we had frog leg. I said "Field Chicken!?"  I no eat field chicken.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend "But that's French food.  Rich Shanghainese eat frog leg too.  Remember Tin Heung Lau?"  I don't want eat but Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say if I want to say I food woman too, I need eat field chicken.  Texture very soft, a little like chicken.

Next dish was a brownie and I said why so early for dessert.  Foody woman laughed and said "This is Boudin Basque"  Why this foody people say French word all time??  What boo dan?  I know Bourdain.  He famous TV star on Discovery. I watch him with Sweet Sweet Boyfriend.  Is it brownie recipe by Bourdain?  It was not sweet and texture soft no like cake.  I ate mine and then Foody woman said "You just ate blood!"  I said Sweet Sweet Boyfriend, "How can you make me eat blood!?!"  He rolled his eyes.  Huh!  No holding hand rest of night!

Salt cod came and they give more bread.  I said that "haam yu", no?  I know haam yu is salted fish. I think it's ok because it is Western food.  If it's Chinese haam yu, it no grand.  Bread had olive oil taste.  Bread and oil after 3pm.  Arrgghh...  I gain weight and no size 2 anymore!


Next one look like rice in bamboo but smell better.  I don't know what that is and Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said "this is collagen jelly like the collagen ball at Japanese hotpot places but better"  No need to go for botox and acupuncture on face?   I eat!  I went with girlfriend for acupuncture.  They put long thin needle in face. I scare but no wrinkles? I do!  I ate and it melt in mouth. No chewing.  Foody woman said "Marrow".  I know Robertson's I know Jell-O.  Never hear brand Marrow.  Maybe new.

Pork belly and potato.  Very soft. I like it very much.  I don't like eat carb after 3pm but I try potato.  Very good texture and taste very good.  Almost as good as pork.

Lobster cassoulet.  Lots of beans.  It;s carb again and I said I cannot eat all carb.  Foody woman sing "Beans beans good for your heart, the more you eat, the more you DART".  She drink too much champaign. I no understand what she say

More food come.  We had Wagyu onglet.  I know rib eye and sirloin but I no know onglet.  They said good beef.  I like my beef well done but this one very red.  They foody people all said cook well and tasty.  Why foody people like raw beef?

I eat enough food and full.  I think I like pork and potato and collagen jelly.  See, I eat like foody woman now!

No comments:

Post a Comment