Saturday 10 March 2012

Gough Street AGAIN!?

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend's cousins in town and the man cousin is foody man too.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend book On Lot 10 for dinner but he cannot come back from Taipei because work. I went with two cousins on my own.

This time we sit upstairs and they had stool for my Anya Hindmarch.  They must read my review and improved.  I am power food writer now! :)

Foody man said "Carte blanche"  I wish Sweet Sweet Boyfriend is here and I know what that is.  Is it carb? I no eat carb after 3pm!!  These foody people very annoying, always using French words to be grand but they no wear right clothes.  I respect them and wore Stella McCartney but woman cousin wore Nike and Gap!?  I thought she has job in bank!  I should buy her new clothes like the show "How to Look Good Naked" on BBC. 



First dish: I don't know what that is.  Foody cousin say it's beef tartare.  I said "cream of tartar?  I learn that from cooking school.  what to do with beef?"  Foody cousin said this one is raw beef with cheese and truffle.  Woman cousin quenelle the beef.  I no want eat raw meat.  What if it give me mad cow disease?  Woman cousin said "you already are one!"  What she talk about?  I no have mad cow disease.  Foody cousin said try some and I eat.  Texture good. Not too oily and no strong blood taste.  But one spoon enough for me.


Next dish: Crispy pork brain 'grenobloise'.  I said brain!?  Woman cousin said, "No, it's tofu, just like those Chinese vegetarian mock goose, mock chicken, mock cha siu made with tofu"  I ate one.  Yes, soft like tofu but taste like bacon too.  If they sell at Chinese vegetarian restaurant, I will eat again



More food!?  Sea bass carpaccio.  Why these foody people like raw food?  I want wasabi for sashimi (I always put my salmon in lots of soy sauce and wasabi.  So good!) but they no have wasabi.  Foody cousin said I eat with the green leaf.  Very crunch fish and the leaf taste like "Sai Yeung Choi".



Asparagus with risotto.  I like asparagus but I no eat carb after 3pm. I picked all asparagus and peas.  Very good seasoning.  Ok, I had one spoon rice too.  It is cold and one spoon rice won't make me fat.... The rice soft.  Why they call risotto?  Because Italy people cannot say "rice" without "a", "o" in the end of word?  Marco Polo teach them how to cook rice, right?


Red prawn from Spain.  No peeling shell for me!?  I wish Sweet Sweet Boyfriend is here and he take care of me.   Foody cousin and poor-dress cousin suck the head and made "Shhooottt" sound.  So embarrassing. Cannot take them to grand place.  They eat with hand and suck the head of prawn!?  Why Sweet Sweet Boyfriend like eat with them?  I don't know.  To be gracious, I ate with hand too.  When eating the prawn, I took the vein out.  Foody cousin said, "So you know our family practice."  I don't know what he talk about.  The prawn texture soft.  The sauce on shell taste good.



I was full and one more dish.  Iberico Pork Rib Roast 'forestière', pommel purée.  The pork texture very good very soft.  There one ring of fat around and I ate it. It's cold outside, I will still be size 2. Maybe I tell my personal trainer tomorrow to increase weight training from 3 kg to 4 kg.  The mushroom a little bitter for me but baby onion very good.  The soft paste very good.  I ate everything and then woman cousin say "that's potato!!"  I said "Fat Die Me!!"  I was so mad I no eat dessert.




3 comments:

  1. Restaurant looks good! Will def try it out (and not wear Gap or Nike)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They get their daily catch from the fisherman. If you have a big enough group, get a fish. Won't cost you an arm and a leg like some seafood restaurants do but you get quality above and beyond theirs

      Delete
    2. Gap has a pair of very comfortable cargo pants this season...

      Delete