Friday 30 March 2012

Korean food in Hong Kong

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend and his foody friend want Korean food.  They say they have to look for place with real Korean food in Hong Kong.  Han Ka Nam,  a new restaurant open in Causeway Bay across street from Times Square and Ngor Geng Kiu and they go.

Decoration ok there.  More beautiful than place in Tsim Sha Tsui and Central.  I no understand why they always let you BBQ at the table.  My hair and clothes smell! 

Sweet Sweet Boyfriend order and first one was round meat.  He said that's ox tongue.  I no like strange meat but they say tongue is one of the best part of cow.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend said "This must be a very talkative cow.  So much exercise that the tongue isn't that tender!"  His foody friend said "Just like your girlfriend!"  I am so happy. They must think I look slim in size 2 because I exercise a lot.  The secret is I no eat carb after 3pm!  Shh!!


They order pork belly too. The pork belly not very soft.  I know how much foody people like raw food. So I say "You can eat raw but I eat well done."   I thought I being considerate and sophisticate but Sweet Sweet Boyfriend's foody friend say "Pork doesn't need to be cooked all the way to 100C but you shouldn't eat it raw either...."  Huh!?  Why these foody people so difficult?  When eat raw, when eat cook?!!


Next dish is Korean blood sausage with intestine stir-fry.  Arrgghh!  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend know I no eat blood or organ meat but they keep order that!  They said it was ok but I don't see them finish the dish. Foody man said the good blood sausage (Soondae) is fill with rice and blood instead glass noodle and blood.  What does he know?  He Chinese!  I see Korean drama and they no say that!

Finally something I can eat.  We have Kimchi pancake.  I bite but I no like texture too much.  Too soft whole slice.  I said "Not enough char!!"  Just like what they foody people say all the time about pizza.  Sweet Sweet Boyfriend say "This is Korean pancake, not pizza!  The middle should be soft but the edges crispy.  This one is not crispy enough.  You shouldn't say char"  I said "You in trouble. You tell me I am wrong. You go home on your own tonight. I go my home on my own!"


The dumpling came and I was much happy.  It taste like the Korean one I buy from expensive supermarket!  Skin so soft and inside lots of pork.

I was hungry when the last dish came. It is spicy octopus with noodle on side. I so hungry I ate noodle too.  Octopus a little tough and only sauce spicy.  Octopus not spicy. I like it but Sweet Sweet Boyfriend and his friend no like dish

They said food not very Korean.  What do they know?  They no Korean!  I watch Korean drama and when I no use Creme de la Mer, I use Sulwhasoo!

There was no stool there and I have to put my bag (the new Vitello Daino from Prada) on floor. I was so upset :(  I told Sweet Sweet Boyfriend to buy me new one

No comments:

Post a Comment